Do you have an appliance Energy Hog? An old washer or dryer that are ‘washed up’? A fridge that’s not as ‘cool’ as it used to be? A vacuum that ‘sucks’ and not the way you want it to? A stove that’s out of its ‘element’?
Show us your Energy Hog and enter to win a grand prize of up to $2,500 towards the replacement of that appliance. The first 20 eligible entrants will receive an energy efficiency gift valued at $35.
High level contest rules are as follows. For complete contest rules, please read them here.
1. The “Show Us Your Energy Hog” Contest is sponsored by FortisAlberta Inc. The contest begins at 12:00:01 AM Mountain Time (“MT”) on July 15, 2019 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (“MT”) on August 31, 2019. The contest is open to residents of Alberta who are 18 or older and must be a residential customer of FortisAlberta. FortisAlberta employees and immediate family members are exempt.
2. No purchase necessary to enter. Limit of one entry per household per appliance (regardless of method of entry).
3. To enter, create a video (30 seconds or less) about an “energy hog” household appliance in your home of which you own. The video must comply with the video format and content requirements detailed in paragraph 4 and 5 of the Contest rules.
4. Videos will be judged based on the following criteria: i) creativity of the video, (ii) appearance of appliance, iii) demonstration of appliance in use.
6. Visible manufacturer trademarks/logos must be covered or pixelated that appear on the appliance or entrants must agree (via registration form) to allowing FortisAlberta to do so.
7. Participants must complete the Contest registration form once the social media submission is made.
8. The grand prize consists of a Visa gift card(s) in an amount equal to the purchase price (to a maximum of $2,500 CAD including taxes) of a new Energy Star rated or equivalent, energy efficient replacement of the appliance featured in the grand prize winner’s Video.
9. The grand prize winner must agree (by release form) to have FortisAlberta (and/or its representative) present during the delivery of the new appliance and allow FortisAlberta to create a video sharing energy efficient tips and other marketing tools to promote FortisAlberta. Such video will be made available through links on the FortisAlberta website. Home delivery and visit must be completed no later than two months after grand prize winner has been contacted by FortisAlberta.