How to prepare for this cold snapJan 14, 2020, 21:50 PM
As cold temperatures continue across Alberta, we'd like to remind our customers how to save energy and prepare in the event of a power outage. As the temperatures drop, the demand for electricity is increasing with the heat turning up and additional space heaters running.
How can you stay warm and conserve energy?
- Smart thermostats save you money by controlling the temperature when you're not home. On average, they can reducing heating and cooling costs by 23 per cent per year.
- Close the doors to rooms that aren't used
- Try not to use major appliances during peak hours
- Wear a sweater or wrap up in a blanket before turning up the heat
- Try an electric blanket instead of a space heater
- Find more tips here
Emergency Kit essentials
- For more items, see our list here.
During an outage
- Keep doors and blinds closed
- Head to the warmest point of your home
- Gather warm clothes and blankets
- View more tips here